Functional Rehabilitation & Sports Medicine Internship Program
– Currently enrolled Athletic Training, Exercise Physiology, Physician assistants, Pre-Medical, Pre-Physical Therapy students that are enrolled in an accredited University.
– Application Completed (Due: TBA)
– Letter of Recommendation attached
– Resume Attached
Purpose of Program:
– Educate students on various roles of health care professionals and expose students to the role of a physician and sports rehabilitation specialist. Program will include exposure in the following areas of Functional Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine:
o Functional Rehabilitation: Working with a physician and sports rehabilitation specialist; aggressive program designed to fully return patients to their pre-injury level of play, focusing on flexibility, muscle strength, power, balance, agility and functional coordination or body control
o Clinic Rotations: Work closely with a physician and sports rehabilitation specialist in the clinic setting. Experience all aspects of patient care from documentation, diagnostic testing, brace fitting, and home exercise programs
o Injury Prevention Program: Observe and participate in injury prevention program through Functional Movement Screening, Y-Balance, and other functional screen protocol(s). Utilize state of the art Functional Movement Screening software to track and analyze injury data. Tailor specific programs that target balance, agility, core strengthening, coordination, functional movements, and flexibility based on screening results and captured data.
Fall Term: August – November
Spring Term: January – April
Summer Term: July-September
Internship Completion Requirement:
– Upon completion of final written and practical evaluation, each participant will be provided with a certification of completion.
– Study material will be provided.
*Please note, if seeking academic credit interns are responsible for obtaining and meeting their specific program requirements.
CLICK HERE FOR OUR Internship Application Form
In collaboration with Ohio Dominican University and Otterbein University internship programs.